Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to use tinctures?
Tinctures are best taken orally (by mouth) between meals. To use, fill the dropper and squeeze into the mouth. Wait 20 minutes before eating or drinking.
Do I use tinctures on an empty stomach or with food?
Tinctures can be taken with or without food or beverage in your system. However, wait 20 minutes after taking tinctures before eating or drinking anything else.
What is the shelf-life (or when they begin to lose their potency) of the tinctures?
Glycerin-based tinctures last 2-3 years and alcohol-based tinctures can last 5-7 years if kept at room temperature or in a cool place. Keep out of the sun.
What is the shelf life for salves?
Salves last 2-3 years. Do not keep in a hot place like a hot car or in direct sunlight.
How often should I use a salve?
Suggested use is 3 times a day on the affected area.
Are tinctures safe for children? If it’s safe can they have the same dose as adults? Is it safe to use the salves on children?
Nicole uses her tinctures and salves on her kids. For questions about safety for children please contact a naturopathic doctor. Dosing is different depending on age and weight.
What is the difference between using mushroom powders/pills vs tinctures?
In powder form you receive all of the nutrients and direct benefits of the mushrooms, but it takes time to travel through your system by way of your digestive tract. In tincture form, all nutrients are drawn out and get into your system quickly. When taken in this form it will not have to travel through your digestive tract.
Are alcohol-based tinctures bad for someone in alcohol recovery?
The amount of alcohol consumed in tinctures is very small, and most likely presents no adverse effects for someone dealing with alcohol recovery.
Why do you use alcohol in your tinctures?
Alcohol is a good solvent because it extracts most of the medicinal benefits from an herb in addition to acting as a preservative.
Are your products GMO and Gluten-Free?
Yes, all of our apothecary products are Gluten-free, GMO-free, and made with organic and/or wild-crafted herbs.
Whom do I contact about issues with my herbal book or book order?
Please send your purchase/order number and mailing address to the support team at email@example.com. Please do not contact us here as we are not involved in sales. Thank you!
How do I order your herbal book?
I am trying to purchase your herbal book but I live outside of the USA. How do I purchase it?
How do I find out about upcoming classes and workshops?
Please check-in at https://nicoleapelian.com/classes/ for upcoming classes and workshops.
How do I purchase your Outdoor Survival Book?
Please click HERE to purchase.
- We ship all orders from Washington, USA with USPS (United States Postal Service).
- We usually ship the next business day after your order is received. If you don’t receive your item in 8 business days please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domestic delivery usually takes 3-6 business days.
- We currently ship to the USA and hope to ship to Canada starting this summer (see International Orders section below)
- Orders are processed for shipment during normal business hours only (Mon – Fri, excluding Holidays).
- Customers are responsible for all additional shipping costs that may occur from an incorrect address or refused shipment.
- USPS does not deliver on Sundays or Federal Holidays.
- We do not pay for international duty, customs clearance, brokerage fees or any taxes. The customer is responsible for any such charges. CUSTOMS and all costs and risks involved in delivering goods from the seller’s premises to their destination are the buyer’s responsibility!
- There are no guarantees about the terms of delivery for international orders.
- We are not responsible for packages that are held by customs
- Please note that we cannot process returns on apothecary orders once received. Thank you for understanding!
- Please report damaged goods immediately and save the original packaging in the event that a claim is filed. Please take photos of damaged box and damaged products and please email email@example.com w/ photos, your address, and order number if you have it for a replacement of any damaged goods. Thank you!