Sharing What I’ve Learned
One of my top priorities as an herbalist is to help people achieve a high-level of wellness. Through my own journey with multiple sclerosis, I’ve found diet, lifestyle choices, and herbal support have played an incredibly important role in my healing—and I would like this information to be beneficial for others. It gives me great joy to share what I’ve learned in the hope that it can support others to heal and live life fully.
A Story of Reclaimed Health
Recently, I received a wonderful correspondence from a customer describing the success she and her family have had with a range of products from my Apothecary. It’s truly gratifying to read such an encouraging story!
My Mom was diagnosed with PPMS in 2001. Over the years, her leg movement has deteriorated leading her chair bound for the last 4 years.
Long story short – ever since discovering Dr. Nicole and her Warrior Bundle of tinctures, my mother has been in the best health she has been in 5 years!! Cognitively and physically she has been improving!
My mom also takes the UTI tincture [Usnea Dual-Extracted Tincture Spray] for preventative care and this is the longest she hasn’t had one in two years!
I bought the Joint & Movement Salve for my husband. My neighbor ended up trying it out on her hand and it helped her so much that she kept the salve so I ordered more!
My family is also taking the Elderberry Tincture daily for our wellness!
I can’t express enough how thankful I am for discovering Dr Nicole!!
I absolutely love her book, The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies! I have finally found my passion thanks to her. What an absolutely perfect passion and hobby as it benefits my entire family!
I also purchased her 10 herbal seeds [Medicinal Garden Kit] to plant next spring!!
I also now have the Wazoo flint necklace and have three more to give to my boys for Christmas.
Also, I have the foraging bandana in my “bug-out” bag.
Dr. Nicole, you are a true inspiration!!!
The Power of Medicinal Botanicals
I’ve received many messages from customers who have had great success with my core products in the Apothecary, such as the mushroom tincture line that includes Lion’s Mane, Reishi, and Turkey Tail. Likewise, Blue Elderberry and Usnea are some of my most popular herbal remedies. Each is found in my Warrior Bundle. All are powerful medicinal botanicals with many benefits. Here are a few:
- Lion’s Mane boosts cognitive function and helps to stimulate Nerve Growth Factor (NGF), which is important for myelination and the regeneration of nerves. It’s also helpful for depression and anxiety. This impressive mushroom is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and exerts a positive effect on gut inflammation.
- Reishi is a formidable adaptogen that assists in fortifying our body to be more resilient to the negative effects of stress, including: elevated inflammation, low energy levels, damaged blood vessels, and hormonal imbalances.
- Turkey Tail is well-researched as a significant anti-cancer mushroom and, like Reishi, is also an excellent adaptogen. Moreover, it’s helpful in treating the cold and flu, HPV, herpes, chronic fatigue, and diabetes—to name just a few.
- Blue Elderberry is my favorite herbal remedy for the influenza season. It has been shown to reduce the chance of becoming ill with the flu and lessens the severity and duration of the virus if you do become sick. I believe Elderberry is one of the best natural antivirals available, which is supported by extensive research.
- Usnea is my “go to” tincture that I use on a daily basis. It helps to prevent a variety of illness, such as colds, UTIs, staph infections, strep throat, and other gram-positive bacteria including MRSA. Usnea is a natural antibiotic, antimicrobial, and antifungal.
- Avoid using Lion’s Mane if you suspect an allergic reaction to mushrooms, including: skin rashes, difficulty breathing, burning, itching or swollen lips. Consult a doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
- While Reishi mushrooms are generally safe, it is possible to take too much. Only use Reishi that’s from a reputable source or consult with an expert. The safety of consuming Reishi has not been established for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you have a bleeding disorder, consult a health care professional before using. Since Reishi is a vasodilator, avoid use before surgery.
- Turkey Tail mushrooms are exceptionally safe. There are no known negative side effects but it is always a good idea to consult with a medical professional before use.
- Each part of the Elderberry plant is mildly toxic. Do not use the fresh plant without first cooking or drying. The bark and root should never be taken internally. Elderberry leaves and unripe berries are poisonous.
- Usnea should not be taken continuously in large doses as it is extremely concentrated. Only use it to target specific problems as needed. Avoid if pregnant or nursing since safety has not been established. Keep in mind that usnea absorbs pollutants from the environment. Do not harvest in areas exposed to roadway traffic, heavy metals or industrial waste.
Would you like to learn more about these remedies?
Visit the Apothecary today and have a look at my Warrior Bundle.
Roll Up Your Sleeves and Do it Yourself?
Are you interested in making your own herbal remedies at home and learning about the many plants, lichens, and mushrooms you can find out your own back door? If so please pick up a copy of my book: "The Lost Book Of Herbal Remedies: The Healing Power of Plant Medicine" today!
Not in Europe or the US? Not a problem, click here to order your copy »